How do you find the best In Home Senior Care In Colorado? What questions should you ask when deciding on an in home care service for your loved one?
Here are 10 questions to ask when choosing an in home care provider.
1. How long have you been in business?
Look for stability in the company, and knowledge in the owners and staff.
2. What is the background of the company?
Why did the owners start this business? What is their background?
3. What qualifications does the company have? How about the caregivers?
Companies have different levels of requirements when hiring employees, and in their responsibilities as a company.
4. What is the chain of command? Who will you be working with?
Is your in home care worker the same every day? Do you have a case worker assigned to you so they know your health concerns without having to repeat them?
5. Does the company have references from other agencies, companies or clients?
Ask for references from several sources, not just a past client. Is this company a part of the community?
6. How does the company inform long distance relatives with updates?
In many cases, in home care is given to parents when children live too far away to be a part of the regular in home care process. Find out how the in home care agency can keep you informed.
7. What type of guarantees does a company have?
How do they handle customer service? If you’re not happy with an in home caregiver, what is the course of action?
8. How does the company screen its workers?
Find out what type of background checks are completed, and what references they have for qualifications.
9. What type of contracts does the company offer?
Whether you need a few hours on a short term basis, or a full time care option, find out what is required of you before you begin.
10. How available is the owner of the business?
Can you speak directly to the owner with questions or comments? The owner sets the stage for the rest of the company dynamics. Being able to speak directly with the owner will give you piece of mind as you progress through the process.