Whether you are taking care of a parent or loved one, or have an in home care giver come into your loved one’s home, there are certain things you should have readily available at all times as the caregiver.
Use this checklist to create an information sheet and have it readily available. Tuck one into your loved one’s purse or wallet. Hang one on their refrigerator for easy access. Keep one with you as well.
- Health Insurance Plan Number
- Medicare Number
- Medicaid Number
- Doctors’ names, specialties, addresses and phone numbers
- Health care providers names, specialties, addresses and phone numbers
- In Home health care providers’ names, specialties, addresses and phone numbers
- Current medications, including name of drug, dosage, and how often taken
You may also wish to keep a second checklist available for you and immediate family members.
- Location of important documents, including living will, will, power of attorney, birth certificate, divorce decree, property deeds and safe deposit boxes.
- Sources of income, including where it’s coming from and how much
- Bank accounts
Investments, including CDs, stocks, bonds, mutal funds, IRAs
- Insurance policies
- Funeral and Burial information
- Social security numbers