1. Help fix a nutritious breakfast, lunch or dinner.
2. Keep the kitchen cleaned and stocked with healthy food.
3. Provide light housekeeping.
4. Provide companionship and conversation.
5. Help your loved one with mild exercise – maybe just a walk around the block.
6. Transporting your loved one to and from doctors appointment.
7. Extra support after surgery.
8. A travel companion.
9. Shopping for daily needs.
10. Entertainment, including playing games or cards, or helping with craft projects.
11. Help with bathing and daily grooming needs.
12. Medication reminders.
13. Drop off and pick up prescriptions.
14. Arrange appointments and be there as a reminder.
15. Organize household tasks and deliveries.
16. Provide backup support for family members that care 24 hours a day for a loved one.
17. Provide an understanding ear for both the elderly and their family caregivers.
18. Organizing lunch dates with friends.
19. Supervise home maintenance and cleaning.
20. Give you peace of mind when you can’t be with your loved one.